Common Faulty & Troubleshooting Tips (Remanufactured & Compatible Laser Cartridges)
3D Product Questions / Troubleshooting
What is the PLA/ABS default setting temperature?
PLA: Nozzle temperature is 205℃, Platform temperature is 70℃
ABS: Nozzle temperature is 220℃, Platform temperature is 110℃
How about the length of 1000g and 500g PLA/ABS filament?
1000g: PLA around 320~330m, ABS around 390~400m
500g: PLA around 160~170m, ABS around 195~200m
How to store the filament when the printer is out of use for a long period of time?
If you do not use the filament for a long time, keep your filament spool or cartridge in a closed plastic bag to avoid the filament absorb the moisture.
PS: ensure insert the filament tip on the spool small hole to avoid the filament entangle when use next time.
Can Print-Rite filament compatible with other 3D printer?
Yes, Print-Rite filament can compatible with other FDM 3D printer, such as Makerbot, Afinia, Reprap, UP!, etc.. The filament diameter should be 1.75mm.
Does the printer support offline printing?
Support offline printing by using SD card.
How long will it take to print an object?
The required time depends on the size of the object and resolution level.
The higher the resolution level, the slower printing speed.
The printer is configured with different print setting option: Best, Standard, Draft. After you select the printing setting to slice, the Repetier software will show the needed time.
How to fix the clogged nozzle?
1. Heat up the nozzle temperature to reach the setting temperature, press the printer head arm and at the same time forcedly insert the filament to extract it from the nozzle.
2. Refer to the label on the printer, clean the nozzle using long Allen Key in the accessory.
The filament cannot come out from the nozzle during printing?
1. The platform maybe too close to the nozzle tip, which will prevent the filament extruding from the nozzle. Please select “Prepare”-“Calibrate Mode” of LCD screen to re-calibrate the platform. ( refer to chapter 6.2 in user manual)
2. Remove the filament from the printer head to re-load.
a. “Prepare”-“Change Filament”-“Unload Filament”
b. Once the nozzle temperature reaches the setting temperature, press the printer head arm, at the same time forcedly push a bit filament into the nozzle until the filament come out form the nozzle, then quickly pull out the filament from the nozzle.
3. Disassemble the printer head, check the gear which is pulling the filament into the nozzle. If there are presence of filament powder residue is filled in, please clean the gear using the brush. Check also if the gear tooth is damaged. If the gear tooth damaging, replace the gear with a new one.
The filament cannot be load into the printer head?
Cut the filament tip flat to make sure that a length of the filament is straight and does not curve. Then press the printer head arm and re-load the filament to the printer head until it reaches the end of the nozzle. Then select “Prepare”-“Change Filament”-“Load Filament”
How can I know if the printer is properly working？
Refer to chapter 6.2~6.4 in user manual, print one of the test file on SD Card supplied with printer. (Test1.gco for PLA, Test2.gco for ABS)
Once the printing is smoothly and continuously, the printing test is ok.
Can I adjust the parameter during printing?
1. For beginers, we do not suggest adjusting the parameter during printing.
2. For advanced user, you can push the LCD knob to select “Control” to adjust Nozzle or Bed temperature and printing speed during printing.
The printer makes a clicking noise when printing?
1. The filament is not properly inserted into the nozzle. Please unload the filament.
a. Unload filament
b. Cut the end of the filament flat and re-load into the printer head. (refer to chapter 5.8)
2. It maybe a short length of the filament blocked in the nozzle from the last printing job.
a. Heat up the nozzle temperature to reach the setting temperature, forcedly push the blocked filament into the nozzle tip by loading new filament, the blocked filament will be melted out.
3. Disassemble the printer head to remove the remaining filament inside the nozzle using a bit filament or the longer Allen Key in the accessory; Also clean the gear using brush.
The filament cannot be removed from printer head?
1. Check if the nozzle actual temperature reaches the setting temperature.
2. Once the nozzle temperature reaches the setting temperature, press the printer head arm, at the same time forcedly push a bit filament into the nozzle until the filament come out form the nozzle, then quickly pull out the filament from the nozzle.
The printed sample stick to the platform too tight and cannot be removed?
1. Wait a few minutes for the platform and the printed samples cool down (20~30℃) before removing the printed object.
2. If the printed samples still stick to the platform tightly, please carefully remove it using scalpel.
The printed object cannot stick to the platform?
1. Make the temperature setting correct.
PLA: nozzle temp is 205℃, platform temp is 70℃;
ABS: nozzle temp is 220℃, platform temp is 110℃.
Make sure the selected setting is matched with the material you are using.
2. Re-calibrate the platform to meet “calibration standard condition” (The test sheet must be layed down flat in the platform and the test sheet must be touching the nozzle tip).
3. Make sure that the glass platform you are using is correct base on the filament material. No dust, oil or damage coating on the glass platform. If yes, please clean up using lint-free cloth or replace the platform.
The printer cannot read the files in SD card?
1. Turn off the printer and turn on again the printer.
2. Check if the SD card insert into the SD card slot well. If not, please re-insert.
3. If the printer still cannot read the file, please check if the files saved in SD card in .GCO format. If the file is not .GCO format, please convert it to .GCO format through Repetier-Host software. (refer to chapter 7.3 in user manual)
How to clean the coating glass platform if the remain filament stick on the platform?
1. Clean the glass platform using lint-free cloth or wet tissue. Do not use alcohol or any cleaning chemical solution in cleaning the glass platform, it will damage the glass coating.
2. If still cannot clean the remain filament on the glass platform, please replace a new one.
What’s the printing speed for the CoLiDo printer?
The printing speed for all CoLiDo printers is 20~120mm/s.
Need pause/resume during printing?
1. During printing with SD Card, push the LCD knob and rotate it to select “Pause print”; Then push LCD knob and rotate it to select “Resuming print”.
NOTE: Please be more patient after selecting “Pause print”, the printer need ~30s to buffer.
2. During printing with Repetier control, click “Pause Job” and then click “Continue Printing”
Need stop during printing?
1. During printing with SD Card, push the LCD knob and rotate it to select “Stop print”. Once stop, the printing cannot be resumed. The printer head will go to home position and the nozzle & bed temperature will cooldown.
NOTE: Please be more patient after selecting “Stop print”, the printer need ~30s to buffer.
2. During printing with Repetier control, click “Kill Job”. The printer head will stop moving and the nozzle & bed temperature will cooldown.
3. If the printing still not stop after above, please turn off the printer, wait ~10s and turn it back on. Then push the LCD knob and select “Prepare”-“Auto Home” so the printer head will go to the home position.
Download files from 3D model website cannot be printed well?
1. The printed object will have different printing effect with different filament material. For example, if the object cannot be printed well with ABS filament, you can test to print with PLA filament.
2. Check if the object is closed drawing, check if it needs to be scaled up/down, rotated, added supporter, etc to meet FDM process.
a. Scale up if the object is too small
b. Rotate if the object is not placed well to apply for FDM printing layer by layer.
c. Add supporter if the object has overhang structure
d. Once Repetier-Host shows warning message when load the object, it is better to repair the object through the website: https://netfabb.azurewebsites.net
How to set parameters for the Repetier/Slic3r software?
1. The Repetier-Host software has standard settings for selecting to use directly.
2. For the advanced user, click “Configuration” to revise the parameters. Refer to 7.5 in user manual for detail.